- Parks and Recreation
- About Parks and Recreation
- Watauga Community Recreation Center
- Special Programs
- Senior Games
- Facility Information
- Special Olympics
- Flyers and Registration Forms
- Online Registration
- Contact Us
Watauga County Swim Complex
- All persons entering the swimming pools must check with the front desk before proceeding to the locker room or pool areas.
- All children under twelve years of age must be accompanied by a parent or a responsible adult eighteen years or older. All youth not swimming are required to be safely seated away from the water. The aquatics staff is not expected to "babysit" these children.
- No food, drink, chewing gum, or glass containers will be allowed in the dressing rooms or pool area.
- No smoking is allowed in any part of the facility.
- All swimmers, regardless of age, must wear a bathing suit to adequately cover his/her body. The aquatic employee in charge will make the decision whether a bathing suit is indecent according to the Indecent Exposure General Statute Law 14-190.13. (6)a.b.
- No one will be allowed to swim or use the dressing room area with open sores or cuts, poison oak or ivy, or athlete's foot.
- All swimmers will be asked to shower before entering any of the pools.
- US Coast Guard-approved life jackets are allowed only when a child is accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. All other floatation devices are not allowed.
- Kickboards may be used only by adults participating in lap swim.
- No diving.
- No running, pushing, or horseplay is allowed at any time. Lifeguards will warn offenders and ask them to leave on the second infraction if necessary. No refunds will be given to those who are asked to leave.
- Profanity, improper language and behavior are prohibited and are grounds for immediate suspension from the pool. Suspension may be continued for a time period to be determined by the Aquatics Director
There will always be a Watauga County certified lifeguard employee on deck when anyone is in the water or on the pool deck.
If the pool water temperature is 78 degrees or below, the aquatics staff member in charge may close the facility. Upon doing so, he/she will call the radio stations, the Recreation Director, and Aquatics Director and give them the reason for closing.
The aquatics staff member in charge has the authority to close the pool facility for any reason that may threaten the safety or health of the public. These personnel also have the authority to make decisions on any matter not covered in the list of Watauga County Swim Complex rules. Any decision made will be enforced at that time, but may be appealed later, as stated below.
Any person wishing to appeal any rule or decision made by the aquatics personnel can do so by meeting with the Recreation Director or the Recreation Commission.
The pool will close for 30 minutes from the most recent sound of thunder or lightening strike