Concealed Handgun Permits

  • For New Concealed carry or Renewals please click here.
  • Change of Address:You must request the address change for your permit within thirty (30) days of your change of address.
    • This can be done in person at the Watauga County Sheriff’s Office, or it can be done electronically by emailing
    • Before the address can be changed on your permit, you must first update your driver’s license to reflect your current address, and fill out the address change form attached below.  You may fill out the form electronically, but you MUST print the form in order to sign and date your request.  Address change requests will not be processed until the COMPLETED form is received.  Also, please email a copy of your new driver’s license after you receive it from the DMV as well as a copy of your current Concealed Handgun Permit. 
      • Click here for Change of Address Form.
    • The only time a duplicate is issued is when your CHP has been lost, stolen, mutilated, or a change of name.  At that time, there will be a fee of $15, cash or check.
      For additional information please call 828-265-7612.
    • Watauga County Sheriff Office can ONLY change addresses within Watauga County on Concealed Carry Permits. You MUST have your address changed in your current County by your current Sheriff before coming into Watauga County. 
  • It is your responsibility to know the North Carolina Firearms Laws.  Below is a link to the North Carolina Firearms Laws Publication.